Become a difference maker for a Starfish.
Mission Starfish Haiti functions largely on donations. Please consider helping us do our part to give those struggling in Haiti a better chance at life. You can make a one-time donation or choose to give monthly, both tax-deductible.
Your sponsorship means everything to these children. It helps cover their tuition to attend school, the food they eat while at school, the teachers’ salaries, and school operating costs. This makes a significant impact.
Helping to educate and inform children of Haiti since 2012.
About Mission Starfish
On October 1st, 2012, Mission Starfish Haiti opened its doors to 172 students. When MSH opened, it provided education to children from kindergarten to third grade. Each year since, MSH has added a grade level for those students to continue their education and hopes to add a grade level each year until the school can offer kindergarten through 13th grade.
Mission Starfish Haiti is in Gonaives, Haiti. Gonaives is a city of 400,000 people and is located about 80 miles north of Port-au-Prince, the capital of Haiti. In the past few years, Gonaives has been affected by many disasters including hurricanes and cholera outbreaks. As many as 250,000 out of 400,000 residents lack food, housing, and education.
There are currently 300 students attending the Mission Starfish Haiti schools and each year MSH strives to enroll a new set of Kindergarteners into the school. It is our goal to expand our reach and grow the number of students with every passing year. We hope to continue our work long into the future, and it is because of your generosity and sponsorship that we can succeed.
- To be difference-makers by creating affordable and sustainable Christian schools for the children of Haiti.
- To respect all individuals and cultural differences, and to show consideration and appreciation toward innovative ideas on ways to support the people of Haiti.
- To work in cooperation with other resources and creating partnerships to help support the needs of the Haitian people.
- To do what we say we are going to do, make decisions based on our values, and keep communication open, honest, and direct.
- To help create sustainable programs by empowering the Haitian people to do it themselves.
Support these programs.
Women’s Economic Empowerment
Each year we select ten new young women to participate in our Starfish Sewing Program to empower the women of Haiti.
School and Chapel Maintenance
Keeping up on building’s condition, making repairs and upgrades, and keeping facilities safe for children and staff.
To foster the creativity of the students at Mission Starfish Haiti musical instruments, art supplies and sports equipment/clothing are appreciated as donation.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Want to talk? Have ideas about what could help? Interested in a mission trip? Hit us up.